Friday 8 June 2018

Bones aplenty

Faro is the capital of the Algarve region, and also the main airline hub for the area. Most tourist fly into Faro, but don't stay there, preferring their beach resorts.
As for me, having been there countless times, I like Faro! And there are things to see there that you wont see in your beach resorts. Like this chapel made of human bones... Part of the town's very very richly decorated cathedral. Actually really over the top to my taste.
And yes, the skulls are real!

4 comments:

  1. Oi veh! I hope at least Mary is not carved from some bone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't been to Faro for many, many years, can't remember ever seeing that, thanks for showing it. I know in Evora there is a Chapel of Bones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this place is amazing. It reminds me à chapel in Roma "la crypte des capucins"

    ReplyDelete

Being plagued by spammers, comments are for the time being subject to moderation. Again.